At CompuClinic, we stand behind our work. We offer an industry leading 90-day warranty on all sales & repairs. If you run into trouble after a repair, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help. See below for our full warranty and return policies.
Repair Terms & Conditions
Customer agrees to the following terms (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!):
- I certify that I am the legal owner or owner’s representative of all equipment to be serviced. I also certify that I have a legal right to use the software contained in such equipment or any media I have provided. CompuClinic will only install operating systems that correspond to a valid COA properly affixed to the computer. CompuClinic will not install illegal or pirated software.
- Work to be performed may violate existing warranties on my equipment. I am solely responsible for knowing the details of any such warranties.
- CompuClinic makes no warranty concerning data on any equipment to be serviced. Data may be lost or permanently erased during the normal course of repair work. I agree to not hold CompuClinic responsible for any data loss that may occur while in possession of my equipment.
- I understand that should a factory restore, “format,” or operating system install be necessary and approved by me, CompuClinic LLC will do its best to save any personal files stored in “User” folders, and that it is my sole responsibility to inform CompuClinic of any additional files that I would like backed up. Unfortunately, we are not able to transfer programs or settings.
- I also understand that malware removal does not prevent a future infection, that no anti-virus software is 100% effective, and that a reinfection is entirely dependent upon my actions.
- If I cancel a repair after I have given authorization for such, CompuClinic will charge for work that has been completed or $50 whichever is greater. Any modifications to the work order must be made in writing and approved in writing by CompuClinic (email or SMS is sufficient).
- I will immediately notify CompuClinic if I believe a repair was not completed successfully. I understand that by failing to notify CompuClinic in a timely matter, or by attempting a repair myself, I release CompuClinic of all liability and may void any applicable warranties.
- I acknowledge that CompuClinic cannot guarantee an exact completion date and that any time frame stated is simply an estimate.
- Unless I request otherwise, parts removed from my equipment during a repair become the property of CompuClinic to dispose of, reuse, or recycle at its discretion.
- Signer agrees to indemnify CompuClinic and its agents for any reasonable loss arising out of this Agreement. In no event shall CompuClinic LLC be liable for any incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages or losses of any kind arising under or in connection with this agreement, regardless of legal theory, including any such damages or losses resulting from business interruption or lost profits. In no event shall the aggregate liability of CompuClinic LLC exceed the price paid for services rendered.
- Any equipment left more than ten (10) days after notification that work has been completed will incur a $35 late pickup fee. After 20 days, a storage fee of $5/day per item will be assessed. After sixty (60) days equipment will be considered abandoned and become the property of CompuClinic LLC. Any deposits paid will be forfeited. Any and all data may be completely and irrecoverably destroyed. Storage fees will continue to accrue until such time equipment is either sold or disposed of.
- Equipment cannot be picked up until bill is paid in full. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS. Balances over thirty (30) days past due will accrue interest at 35% APY. I agree to pay any collections’ or attorney’s costs incurred by CompuClinic LLC in its efforts to secure my payment.
- Equipment to be serviced is free of any liens or encumbrances. If not, I have provided CompuClinic LLC with the name and contact information of the lienholder. I will indemnify CompuClinic for any loss associated with misidentifying or failing to identify the lienholder.
- Client(s) hereby agree(s) that the exclusive remedy to resolve any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement and/or representation under the same shall be through arbitration under the Utah Arbitration Act. This means that you are waiving your right to sue in court and agree to resolve issues/problems through a neutral arbitrator according to the Utah Arbitration Act. This paragraph shall not limit CompuClinic’s ability to sue and or collect for unpaid services and or equipment.
- Any dispute arising out of this agreement shall be venued in Utah County, with Utah Law applying thereto. In the event any part of this Agreement shall be invalidated, the surviving portions shall remain in effect. You agree to grant to CompuClinic a lien on any equipment subject to the work order.
- This Agreement is the fully integrated, final agreement between the Parties. Any other agreements, oral or written are superseded by the terms in this Agreement.
Unless otherwise noted, all computers, parts, and accessories are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for 90 days from purchase. All repairs are guaranteed for 90 days. There is ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE against problems that occur or recur due to user error, abuse, or misuse such as new malware infections or accidental damage. Cosmetic imperfections are to be expected in used product and are not covered by warranty. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE LIFE OF ANY USED BATTERY. In the event that an item cannot be repaired satisfactorily, store credit will be given equal to the original purchase price minus the price of any extended warranties and all obligations under this warranty will be considered fulfilled. An extended warranty purchase solely lengthens the warranty duration. All other terms remain the same. Additional manufacturer’s warranties may apply. COMPUCLINIC LLC MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
Most items in resalable condition may be returned within 10 days of purchase with valid receipt. Items that have been opened or rendered used may incur a restocking fee of 20% of the original purchase price (minimum $50 for computers.) Opened parts may be exchanged for like item only. No returns on labor, software, or clearance merchandise. We reserve the right to refuse any return at any time.
Free Computer Diagnostic Exceptions
*We are happy to offer FREE diagnostics for most items. Unfortunately in order to combat abuse and keep prices low for everyone, we’ve been forced to charge diagnostic fees in limited cases as follows:
All diagnostic fees are due at time of drop-off and will be applied towards labor if client wishes to proceed with the repair.
- Obsolete Equipment – $50
- Computers Still Under Manufacturer’s Warranty – $50
- Custom Built Computers – $100
- Quotes for Insurance Companies – $50-100 depending on amount of paperwork required.
- Cases where a repair is not likely to succeed, but client wishes to proceed anyway – ie. Liquid Damage, laptop disassembled by end-user, severe physical damage, etc. – $150